Welcome!

Welcome to Scrap It Beautiful!'s Blogspot. I hope you enjoy browsing through here, and looking at some of the work I have done. I hope to bring you creative ideas, as well as provide pictures of the work that I do. You can take a look at my website by visiting http://www.scrapitbeautiful.net/ .

Pricing for scrapbooks, examples of my work, and lots of other neat stuff can be found there. Please note, if you landed here via http://www.beautifulscrapping.com/, my website and email has changed to fit the name of my business; therefore, beautifulscrapping.com will eventually go the way of the dinosaur!

If you would like to contact me, do so at lisa@scrapitbeautiful.net .

Monday, August 3, 2009

Summer is in full Swing...Here come the Holidays!

Stepping "out of the box" can be a blast. Here are some examples of techniques I employ when creating elements for cards and scrapbooks:
The picture above is of "clouds". Using Liquitex Texture Medium Opaque Flakes, I paint them into the predetermined area, dry and cut out. This Medium also makes great snow!

Here I have made water: using alcohol inks on transparent paper. Afterwards, pieces are cut out and layed on cards or scrap pages and the effect is very realistic.
Lumiere paints are my favorite. They have such a beautiful sheen and the colors are very unique. In this picture, I have painted palm trees that were used as an embellishment on invitations.



Finally, using Liquitex Sand Resin, I applied it directly to card stock, painted over it with acrylic paint and misted some great copper glitter on the paint while it was still wet...the effect...a glistening sandy beach!






Anyway, gearing up for the Holidays already...cards are being made constantly.






No comments: